Reply to "September 2019 - What Are You Drinking?"

At last night's offline at Dragon Boat, Richmond Hill

2014 Aldo Conterno Bussiador (Served blind) thought is was Cote de Beaune white Burg.  Great but does need some time

1996 Louis Brochet HBH Champagne - Finished my bottles of this some time ago and it has advanced since then, gaining weight & complexity.  Aroma of apple pie/apple crisp.  Very nice.

2017 JP & Benoit Droin Chablis Les Clos Grand Cru - young but wonderful.  Great white fruit, balanced.  Probably my favorite white, despite its youth.  

2006 Vincent Giradin Corton Charlemagne Quintessence Grand Cru- excellent.  A bit more of the oxidative tones than my palate prefers, but still great.

2011 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - there was much talk of whether this bottle was ok to start, with some weird aromas....  We let it sit, and whatever it was blew off and then it was quite tasty despite its youth.

2012 Antonin Guyon Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - very tasty but youthful

1992 Moulin Touchais - sat open in an ice bucket most of the dinner.  When we tried it towards the end - wonderful.  This exceeded expectations.  Did not seem sweet, was very balanced with great fruit, complexity.   Beautiful and good with the food.

2013 Louis Jadot Clos Vougeot - young but excellent.  This was my pick of the young reds. 

1995 Cos d'Estournel - firing on all cylinders - in a great spot. 

2016 Anne Gros Echezeaux Grand Cru - a great wine (some people's favorite red) but a little young for my palate.  Definitely greatness ahead for this one. 

The steady stream of food was amazing - thanks to VinChanted for his expertise in ordering and getting the restaurant to adjust the dishes to pair better with the wines. 

Thanks to ABryce for breaking the Toronto offline drought.  Well done!  Great people, food, wine, conversation.  I'd go back to Dragon Boat in a heartbeat.