Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

irwin posted:
winetarelli posted:
irwin posted:

For those who say that the country won't vote for a gay guy (Pete), let's remember this: There are alot of people who won't vote for a pro-choice candidate.  All the Dems are that.  There is a lot of overlap in people who won't vote for a pro-choice candidate and people who won't vote for a gay guy.  So, I don't think he really loses many votes over his sexual orientation.

I tend to agree with this.  But, for whatever reason, Pete does very poorly (relative to others in the field) in head-to-head matchups with Trump.  My guess is it has more to do with his age and ethos than his sexuality, but I don't know.

I think it is mostly age. People think that with age comes wisdom.  However, with age comes senility too.  While Bernie, Warren and Bloomberg do not seem senile (today), Biden seems like he is losing it a bit, and Trump....well, he's mentally incompetent, but it doesn't seem like he is worse now than a few years back.

Pete still has more political experience and has won more elections than the current President when he was elected. Also, he's not a soulless racist malevolent narcissist. But all that can be said about every other candidate.