Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

I have the impression that the reporters and other persons in the news business, and a very, very small slice of Americans understand/care about these impeachment proceedings.

I suspect that 37% of Americans will vote to re-elect Trump no matter what and about 45% of Americans will vote against him no matter what.  That's of the people who vote.  Large numbers of Americans are way more concerned and occupied with issues like: What are they going to do from paycheck to paycheck,  can they afford their prescriptions, what happens if they lose their jobs, and what to do if the hot water heater fails.  For many, this is political stuff is boring theater.  I suspect fewer than 10% know where Ukraine is, or could point to it on a map.

This doesn't mean the impeachment process isn't important.  It's just that Congress has a lot of things that it could do.  The major accomplishment of the Congress over the last 10-15 years seems to be the near unanimous passage of the "Do not call" legislation, which doesn't seem to have worked very well.