Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

winetarelli posted:

Bloomberg. 

No. Give money to Biden in a SuperPAC. Don’t take votes away from him. 

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk. 

An early speech in Citizen Kane brings to light the thinking of people like Bloomberg. This dialog of Kane's is supposed to be noble, but reading it now it actually seems like the beginning of the end of Kane. I don't think this was this deliberate.

Anyways his guardian, rich man, Walter Thatcher is discovering that his ward is against everything he and the other rich men of New York are for. So Kane explains to him his newspaper's new philosophy:

"KANE--On the other hand. I am the publisher of the Enquirer. As such, it is my duty - and I'll let you in on a little secret, it is also my pleasure - to see to it that decent, hard-working people of this city are not robbed blind by a group of money - mad pirates because, God help them, they have no one to look after their interests! I'll let you in on another little secret, Mr. Thatcher. I think I'm the man to do it. You see, I have money and property. If I don't defend the interests of the underprivileged, somebody else will - maybe somebody without any money or any property and that would be too bad."

That last sentence in retrospect is so weird. However, it is prescient: save us from the rich out to help us little folks. Or, with the current president, those who would rob us.