Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

When it comes to domestic terrorism the far left in no way compares to the death toll of the far right. As for big bad ANTIFA, please don't provide me links to right wing radio (what next Fox "News"?) to make your point. It really weakens it. From Forbes 2017:

"Terrorists murdered 3,342 people on U.S. soil from 1992 through August 12, 2017. Islamist terrorists are responsible for 92% of all those murders. The 9/11 attacks, by themselves, killed about 89% of all the victims during this time. During this time, the chance of being murdered in a terrorist attack committed by an Islamist was about 1 in 2.5 million per year.

"Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists are the second deadliest group by ideology, as they account for 6.6% of all terrorist murders during this time. The 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, the second deadliest terrorist attack in U.S. history, killed 168 people and accounted for 77% of all the murders committed by Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists. The chance of being murdered in a Nationalist or Right Wing terrorist attack was about 1 in 33 million per year.

"Left Wing terrorists killed only 23 people in terrorist attacks during this time, about 0.7% of the total number of murders, but 13 since the beginning of 2016. Nationalist and Right Wing terrorists have only killed five since then, including Charlottesville. Regardless, the annual chance of being murdered by a Left Wing terrorist was about 1 in 330 million per year."

This doesn't even include some of the recent right wing hate crimes such as the attack on the synagogue in Pittsburgh. 

Side note:  Recently at an event at my synagogue a number of rabbis showed up. I shook one's hand, he was in his late 60s or so. For some reason he had a blue cloth napkin wrapped around one hand. And then--When you look into someone's eyes who looked into the eyes of a terrorist, and had two fingers blow off protecting himself as he watched a woman congregant die in front of him--it really comes home.

If not clear I was talking about violence in the US and not what Stalin or Mao did fifty to a hundred years ago. To you both: Please no more false equivalence.