Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

The Old Man posted:

"Far Left can easily be as bad as the Far Right."

Nope, no white nationalists on my team.

Let me give you another example. I mentioned the homeless problem in Seattle before. The area around the courthouse where I work is littered with urine, feces, and discarded needles and other garbage. It is a health hazard, and a safety hazard to the workers and public who show up for jury duty. In fact, not long ago a homeless person attacked the (then) County Sheriff himself with a knife right outside the courthouse. Other workers have been attacked, as well. One of the presiding judges has publicly called for the city to pressure wash the sidewalks outside the courthouse so at least the bio-hazard aspects can be mitigated. But that was halted when one of the city councilmen called such a display, an "act of micro-aggression" against the transients outside the courthouse. They are trying to de-fund the city navigation teams that contact the homeless and try to get them into shelters and services, believing that is infringing on their "rights" to live on the streets in filth and squalor.  One councilperson publicly called the police "murderers" for shooting an armed suspect as he was caught on camera pulling his gun on them during a warrant arrest. And this was after they were cleared by Internal investigations and the prosecutor's office. The violent Antifa movement is a protected group now in Seattle. That's the flip side of the white nationalist coin, TOM.

My original point was, and I admit it probably got lost in the shuffle, is that the Dems need to nominate a more centrist candidate than the deluded, Far Left hopefuls that I saw in the debates, or they are going to condemn us all to 4 more years of Trumpism.