Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

bman posted:
winetarelli posted:

Nightmare scenario:

Dems impeach -> R’s do not convict -> Biden water is muddied enough to cause Warren to be the nominee -> she continues to promise to take away 150 million people’s private health insurance -> Trump wins re-election and is now untouchable. 

My fear too, that this leads to Trump's re-election. 

It may indeed, but tough shit. He definitely won't be removed, but to not act while our Constitution and laws are being stepped on daily is no longer tenable. This is about doing the right thing, not about the next presidential election. A statement has to be made in the record book of history that a stand was made that no one is above the law in the US. I didn't want impeachment; it's going to be a horrible mess. But this shakedown of a foreign leader is too much. Peloisi was right in holding off impeachment as long as she could, but some things just can't stand.

Bill Clinton's record will always be that he was one the few presidents to be impeached. His crime was committing perjury during an investigation about his deplorable sex life. If things go right for our country (which frankly I'm not counting on), Trump's impeachment will be about him committing traitorous acts for the purpose of helping himself get reelected.

Last edited by The Old Man