Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

purplehaze posted:

How about this for motive?

From the Post, a few moments ago... 

President Trump told his acting chief of staff, Mick Mulvaney, to hold back almost $400 million in military aid for Ukraine at least a week before a phone call in which Trump is said to have pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the son of former vice president Joe Biden, according to three senior administration officials.

I know we're kind of living in an upside down world, but, WTF?  

PH

When all we could prove was obstruction of justice without proof of an underlying crime, I thought the right political move was not to impeach; although the level of obstruction and abuse of power was impeachable, imo. 

This, however, is beyond the pale. If “high crimes ans misdemeanors” is to mean anything, it means this level of malfeasance via use of the Presidency. I also think this is something easier for the middle of the country to grasp. 

I do hope, however, the Presidential hopefuls (especially my guy — Biden — and my alternates — Klobuchar, Bennet, and Buttigeig) stay pretty clear of this and let Congress take care of the impeachment. Because, really, there is very little chance he’s going to be removed. And an impeachment is going to motivate Trump supporters to the polls like nothing else could.