Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

wineart 2 posted:
irwin posted:
flwino posted:
irwin posted:

The French put some sort of tax on internet stuff. (The French love taxes).  President Trump responded complaining and saying that we should retaliate.  He said that "American wine is better than French wine."  Of course, he drinks neither, so he expressing an opinion on a topic about which he knows nothing.  He seems to do this quite often.

Irwin  A correction - He said he likes how it looks.     We did a test at the Club last night.  I had a French wine, friend had an Italian wine.  Could not tell them apart from color.  Guess dumpster is wrong again.

I remember sitting  at an outdoor restaurant.  Having dinner with my wife and another couple.  About 30 feet away were some friends of ours, and I saw that they ordered wine by the glass.  You could tell that their wine was a Pinot Noir from the lighter cherry color.  We had finished eating and I walked over to our friends and said, "How is the Pinot Noir?" and they were shocked that I could tell the difference from the color.

FLWino....  I would bet that if the Italian wine had been a Pinot Grigio and the French was a red Bordeaux, you'd have been able to distinguish!!

California Pinot often looks like a Syrah, and Gamey and older Nebbiolo can look like a red Burgundy. 

I'm sure the French can smooth everything over by serving Trump wines at their next state dinner.  It's oh so simple, as the Donald would say.

But if they want to go in the other direction, then publish tasting notes.

(Fair Disclosure:  I've never tasted a Trump wine... and probably never will.)

Last edited by otw