Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

It's pretty fruitless to debate abortions on a wine forum, since no one is going to change anyone's mind about this quite sensitive and emotional topic.  I am not going to set forth my opinions nor my interpretation of someone else's opinions.  But, here is the Maryland law, but it's a bit more complicated than this:

Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, the State may not interfere with the decision of a woman to terminate a pregnancy:
(1) Before the fetus is viable; or
(2) At any time during the woman's pregnancy, if:
(i) The termination procedure is necessary to protect the life or health of the woman; or
(ii) The fetus is affected by genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.
MD Code, Health - General, § 20-209, et seq.
Except as otherwise provided in this subtitle, the State may not interfere with the decision of a woman to terminate a pregnancy:
(i) The termination procedure is necessary to protect the life or health of the woman; or
(ii) The fetus is affected by genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.

Md. Code Ann., Health-Gen. § 20-209 (West)

Md. Code Ann., Health-Gen. § 20-209 (West)