Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

The level of identity-grievance politics on the left is, indeed, troubling. (So is the White Christian identity-grievance politics of the right / Fox News.)  Illiberalism from the most vocal Left Twitter scribes has made some inroads into more mainstream left discussions; and public Librals, as a whole, need to do a much better job of defending liberal ideals when attacked by anyone, irrespective of “side”.  (Meanwhile, the right has fully embraced voter purges, conspiracy theories, subservience to Russia, xenophobia, racism, sexism, “alternative facts” and authoritarianism.)  The most vocal people on the left are suggesting giving a middle finger to Obama/Trump voters as well as #NeverTrump Republicans. Which is stooopid for a litany of reasons; one of which — even if you could win that way, which I don’t think you can, there is value in governing from between the 20 yard lines. (I could get into all the reasons this is the case, but I’m sure you fine folks can provide your own analysis.)

I have some policy disagreements with him, as I would with anyone, and I want a younger President, and I think he’s too old, but.  Right now. After Trump.  “Make America Normal Again” is the most important slogan, and Biden is probably the best person for that specific job. He could, immediately, start righting the ship — especially internationally — in a way probably no one else could. *That having been said*... Amy Klobacher, Beto, Sherrod Brown, and Cory Booker all have my eye and I want to hear them all out. Who knows, maybe someone else will come along, too.