Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

napacat posted:
bman posted:
napacat posted:

Oh what a great move by the President to deny the use of our aircraft for Pelosi's overseas trip.  Bet her eyes got a little wider when she learned.  They need to show up to the table.

Trump should have the SOTU anyway and play a video of Obama, Clinton, Schumer and other democrats calling for a wall / stronger border security in the past.

Do you have an issue with him divulging that she was going to Afghanistan, thereby putting her and the military and other staff that were accompanying her at risk?

He can have the SOTU anywhere he likes, just not in the House.

Also, you are forgetting that Trump had agreed to sign the necessary legislation - that McConnell and the rest of the Republicans and Democrats had negotiated - until Fox News got all up in his face about it.  As he himself said - on live TV no less - he owns the shutdown and only he can end it!

I actually don't know if the Afghan part of the trip was meant to be a secret or not.

I am aware that there was some agreement on his part to sign...but can always change his mind for whatever reason.

Travel by politicians and senior officials to areas of conflict is always a secret.  I know, I worked in several similar areas over my 30 year diplomatic career.  Trump crossed yet another line by revealing that.

And there was not "Some" agreement, there was an agreement or McConnell would never had had the Senate pass the legislation. That's why he won't bring anything to the floor unless Trump agrees in advance to sign it, Trump made him look stupid by changing his mind.  Which is of course his prerogative, but his inability to think for himself rather than following the lead of Fox News is what has led to this debacle and many others.  Sad!