Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

wineart 2 posted:
irwin posted:

The President addresses the country tonight.  I've been watching these presidential addresses for many years.  I've watched LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama.    On the one hand, I think it is important to know what the President says and to think about it critically yourself, rather than rely on news media to select the highlights and feed commentary to you.  But, on the other hand, I have no anti-nausea medication on hand, and I don't think I could get through the first sentence or two tonight without it.

I don't know if all of the networks will cover this.  But, we can stream something. 

Serious question, what would the over/under be on how many verifiable lies Trump will tell tonight? 

I think it might need to be judged per minute. 

But... realistically over the course of the speech I would think 12-14 fully distinct and verifiably false claims with another +/-10 distinct claims wholly unsupported by evidence. Most claims repeated multiple times. I would also suggest at least 2 pairs of mutually refuting claims and 23 instances of claiming personal victimization at the hands of “the media” or Democrats. 

Last edited by winetarelli