Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

irwin posted:

What I find irritating is that so much noise is made about things that are unimportant...

The list of things that Congress could hold hearings on and hasn't is extensive.  Yet we manage to spend a whole day, and the time of 75 members of Congress rehashing text messages sent by an FBI agent.  gman is 100% correct on the nature and purpose of yesterdays Stzrok hearing.  It was a show and a diversion to cast aspersions on a very legitimate and productive investigation into Russian meddling and potential collusion and conspiracy by trump, his staff and family.  The repubs are assailing the FBI and director Wray (appointed by trump), DAG Rosenstein (appointed by trump) and undermining confidence in our law enforcement agencies to prepare for what will undoubtedly be additional and much more serious charges to come.  Bunch of simpering enablers. History will not be kind to them.

And as far as Stzrok goes, napa, if I were a highly respected counter-intelligence FBI guy  with over 20 years of distinguished service who was having his ethics questioned by a cabal of screeching hyenas, I'd be angry and arrogant too.  The IG produced a 500 page report in which NOT ONE instance of biased behavior was discovered.  Not.  One.  The only conclusion reached regarding Stzrok's text and e-mails and his removal from the investigation was the possibility of a perception of bias.  Did he screw up?  Absolutely.  Did he exhibit bias in performance of his duties?  No.  And until you can point to one specific thing he did to indicate bias in his work, shut the f___ up about bias.

Stzrok and the FBI sat on information regarding their investigation into the trump campaign's involvement with Russia for over a YEAR without so much as a word getting out.  If the FBI was so biased, don't you think something would have leaked?  And the unfortunate timing by Comey regarding the Clinton  e-mail investigation being revived may have been the straw that pushed trump over the threshold in the Presidential election!  Hell, the republicans should be kissing the FBI's tuchus.

PH