Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
The analysis by the Washington Post gave me concern, especially this:

"Most economists also expect the bill will juice economic growth, at least for the next year or two. The economy has been growing around 3 percent for the past two quarters. If it jumps to 4 percent (or more) in coming quarters, Trump can claim an even bigger victory heading into the 2018 mid-term elections and the 2020 presidential election."

That, combined with the expected bump in the stock market and the short-term tax savings for the middle class ($50-75k income), leaves me worried about the mid-terms.

C'mon, Mueller! Let's get moving.

Not to be a downer but whatever Mueller does will be irrelevant to his base because he will say it's all a fix by the various demons out to get him.

Martyrdom works in politics.......

On a positive note, I get a melancholy pleasure watching clips of leading Republicans bemoaning deficit growth under Obama, the so-called hijacking of the constitution under Obama, and all the other things they attacked Obama for supposedly doing that they are now actually doing many times more so and worse.

No wonder politicians are so disrespected, notwithstanding the profound impacts they have on our lives. Frown