Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

@Insight posted:

It’s never good for an old white man (my presumption since I haven’t met you) to assume that a white man was making the comment about “black adjacent”.  I know you’re unaware that I have good friends, clients and industry colleagues who happen to be African-American.  Or that I grew up in a neighborhood where black folk were the majority, and white folk were the most represented minority.  

To you, she is black.  To the black community, it’s a bit more nuanced.  I’ll trust their feedback and opinions more than yours every time on this subject.

I'm going out on a limb, with only what you have written here and the demographics of high-end wine drinking in general, that there is a 1% chance you are black. Let me in and let me know if this was right.

"To you, she is black.  To the black community, it’s a bit more nuanced."

I find this incredibly offensive. First that now you're speaking for the black community. But more shocking is as a thinking person you don't know that a black person is black no matter what others may think? There's no nuance. Hopefully your friends, whose opinion you take highly, can overcome their separatism and vote for Biden and her instead of Trump and Pence.

Last edited by The Old Man