Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

@The Old Man posted:

It's always good to hear a white man tell a Black woman she's not really a Black woman. It's a little bit like hearing that little putz Ben Shapiro tell Jews they aren't really Jewish if they don't support Trump's Israeli strategy. I am well aware of how she is viewed by African-Americans. However she IS a Black American woman. And I'm thinking it will be enough to spur a large number of Black Americans to go out there and vote for Biden over sitting at home and letting the racist in the White House when.

It’s never good for an old white man (my presumption since I haven’t met you) to assume that a white man was making the comment about “black adjacent”.  I know you’re unaware that I have good friends, clients and industry colleagues who happen to be African-American.  Or that I grew up in a neighborhood where black folk were the majority, and white folk were the most represented minority.  

To you, she is black.  To the black community, it’s a bit more nuanced.  I’ll trust their feedback and opinions more than yours every time on this subject.