Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

@The Old Man posted:

She's a positive because she is a Black woman. (Yes, she is also qualified.) Biden was not solid with the "African American community " as they say. This guarantees all those bBlack moms and their daughters will be making sure to get out to vote. As I've been saying all along there was no way he was not going to pick a Black woman.

As for Gavin Newsom in the future, certainly he'd  better than the awful mayor of LA who thought he was going to become the governor, Antonio Villaraigosa or the other mayor waiting in the wings, Eric Garcetti known locally as "Mayor Yoga Pants." But in general I would say fat chance.

I live in a city with a not insignificant black population.  Harris is considered more “black adjacent” than truly “black”.  She’s half Jamaican and half Indian (south Asian).  She’s not viewed as “black” by the African-American community the way Susan Rice, Karen Bass, Val Demings, Stacey Abrams and Keisha Lance Bottoms are.  She’s not black like Michelle Obama or Maxine Waters.  Heck, she’s not black like even Kanye West.  

As for Newsom, he wouldn’t get slotted into the final night’s lineup of speakers if he wasn’t considered a serious contender for the 2024 primaries.  He was on the LGBTQ train very early in his political career.  CA is as progressive of an entity as you’ll find amongst any of the top economies of the entire world.  He initially did a fine job of navigating CA through the early months of the pandemic, and even though we subsequently again trended upwards, it’s not at the levels that FL, TX, AZ, GA and other places are currently suffering.  He’s absolutely got the looks and the charisma, which oftentimes are all the casual voter cares about.  His warts of banging the wife of his campaign manager and overconsumption of alcohol pale in comparison to Putin’s Bitch’s history.  Heck, even the fact Newsom’s ex-wife is nowadays a hot mess of COVID-19 shacking up with Putin’s Bitch’s failson would be considered a positive by a segment of voters. 

Last edited by Insight