Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

@Rothko posted:

I'm certainly no Constitutional law scholar, but the 22nd Amendment says:

"No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once."

You're way more qualified than I am, Rothko.  Adding a little complexity is the last sentence of the 12th Amendment:

But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

Is Obama constitutionally ineligible?  The 22nd Amendment specifies that, "no person shall be elected more than twice.  Obama would certainly not be eligible to run for President in 2024, but it just might be possible for him to be on the ticket as Veep.  He would certainly be a huge asset to Biden in getting elected.  At this point, as the Lincoln Project intones at the end of many of their recent videos, it's America or trump.  Their most recent release...  Check out their other videos.  Very powerful stuff, especially coming from Republicans.

I'd be interested in the opinion of the Trump supporters here about the Lincoln Project.  

Flush the turd on November 3rd!

PH