Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

The crazy thing is how copacetic this space would be if Kasich or Huntsman, or even friggin' Jeb were President.  We're all accustomed to having people who love this country but whose politics we disagree with run the place.  We're just not accustomed -- nor should we ever be -- to having villains run the place.  

John McCain's view of Obama was that he is a patriot with whom McCain had strong disagreements.  Unfortunately, fueled by a combination of factors including racial animus, "Conservative" media pounded away at the proposition that Obama was villainous. The greatest President of most of our lifetimes -- according both to scholars as well as to the populace at large -- about a third of the country grew to irrationally disdain.  And those people, making up the vast majority of the Republican Party chose to "get back" at the rest of the country by electing and then propping up the stupidest, most uninformed, most incompetent, most selfish, most psychologically disturbed President in our nation's history.  

I make no secret that there are aspects of the modern Left I find deeply troubling.  Despite having more in common policy-wise with AOC and her ilk, there are basic points of small "l" liberalism that would likely cause me to prefer to throw my lot in with Nicole Wallace, Joe Scarborough, Steve Schmidt, etc and then work them from the left.  But every Republican "Classic", such as I just mentioned,  is a Biden supporter.  Because, as obnoxious as the cultural far-left is, they understand, as do most on this board, that Donald Trump and his cronies represent a threat to the very most basic theories and principles this -- and every -- liberal democracy is founded upon.