Skip to main content

Reply to "Say Something Completely Random And Off Topic"

@thistlintom posted:

So you are ok with trampling every constitutional right in order to do what you think is saving other people's lives?  so it was ok when China boarded up people in their homes to protect their lives?  Do you not see there is room for moderation, and not absolutism? Barr is asking for a balanced view and concern for people's constitutional rights when considering prevention of people being in public, eliminating commerce and such.

Pretty sure there are still a few constitutional rights left untrampled but since you asked, yes, I would be fine with restrictions on the right to congregate to protect the right to not die because a bunch of ignorant Neanderthals wanted to do so. I am also alright with following the unanimous advice of medical professionals who say these measures are necessary. I agree that some restrictions go too far but overall they are necessary and all Barr is doing is encouraging people to defy lawful orders of their governors. How does that align with his role as the nation's top law officer?