Reply to "Portland (not the one in Maine), restos"

quote:
Originally posted by grunhauser:

Andino is next and then Olio...

Ok, so it's not Andino, but Andina, and it's not Olio, but Olea. Roll Eyes In any case, we ate at both of these places and Olea was an absolute best dining discovery in a long, long time for me. While Andina turned out to be simple, loud and painted in rude colors and offering an equally unsophisticated array of obnoxious primary flavors, Olea was a complete opposite of that - cool, tasteful and ... did I say cool? Oh, yeah, it's inexpensive too and corkage is only $10 (seems like the norm around those parts). The wine list will please many self-respecting wine aficionados with its eclectic tangent, but it might be a bit challenging for "regular" people.
Their menu seems a bit clumsy at first, but once you see the matrix and realize what the team had in mind putting it together, you are destined for a culinary experience of truly grand proportions. Yes, the food is simply perfect. It's rich in flavor yet light and delectable. From appetizers to main courses to deserts, everything we ordered was absolutely perfectly prepared, and served and presented with proper attitude and just the right amount of friendliness. The staff is young, cool and good looking; the space is open, bright and modern. The food is so freaking excellent and the prices are ridiculously moderate Eek... It is an absolute gem!!!! From what I've seen and tasted, and from talking to owners, Chef and Somme, I can tell you with all the certainty - this could be one of the top restaurants in the country right now….and I'm sad to add, we have nothing of this sort in the Bay Area.

In short, Olea is a must!