Reply to "please ignore this post"

I think it was QoH that mentioned a cork popping and landing in an interesting place, somewhere earlier on this ignorable thread.

I once was at my parents (since split up) and we were having a usual celebration of some sort. Champagne was opened and, at least at my parents' house, especially if outside on their huge deck with a tree growing out of it, the goal was always to pop the cork and let it fly, fly fly for as far as possible.

On this particular occasion, my father let a cork explode out of the bottle of bubbly and it had the most amazing shot straight up into the foliage of the large tree that grows out of the deck. And as well all tried to trace the cork's travels back to Earth, we all lost sight of it. After some searching, we all gave up.

A few hours later, well into the festivities, the cork came back to Earth. Being slightly intoxicated as we all were, shouts of 'It went to the Moon and back!' and 'The universe is round!' and other inanities. We then actually figured out it had landed on a leaf, hung out for a while and finally it fell back out of the tree (someone had bumped into the tree rather brusquely just prior to the cork fell back down).

Anyone have any other fun cork stories?

www.vinocellar.com -- Mm-Mm-good