quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:

TPE . . . thank you for the visual overview of your votes

I think you meant to thank me... Wink Razz

Woops . . . misread the link within the link. Winetarelli, you deserve a big thank you . . . the pics were the most compelling argument to at least encourage me to re-consider my original vote

I'm honored Smile

quote:
So, then I have to ask you . . . you pulled a Hermione!!? Having seen her in films since she was just a youngin', feels a little dirty! But, that is probably because I am a father of two little girls

I can only speak for myself, and I don't know how old you are, though I've been assuming +/- 40 for a while, but I imagine people born circa 1980 probably feel about Emma the way people born circa 1970 feel about Natalie Portman. Natalie and I are almost the exact same age, so there was never a time it was weird that I found her attractive. ("Taffy" in Mars Attacks is what really sealed the deal for me.) But I don't recall too many ten-years-older friends being repelled when Closer came out LOL

(If I'm right that you are a '73/'74, the closest equivelants would be Keira Knightley and Scarlett Johansson, though Scarlett has traditional va-va-voom sexiness that Emma does not.)

Emma definitely looks no older than she is, and she certainly isn't "sexy" in the way that, say, Scarlett Johannson is. But, I can separate "child Emma" from "one-day Emma" from "WOWZERS Emma" pretty easily in my mind. And, by WOWZERS -- I appreciate cute and subtle more than over-the-top sexiness any day of the week. Razz

(Oh, and half my college friends are girls, and more than half of them made a pilgrimage to London when Dan was 17 to see Equus, so by the time I "appreciated" Emma in that way, no one could say anything about it.)

Anyway, while those 4 were not necessarily in the correct order, my 5 and 6 are Rachel Bilson and Mila Kunis (and for straight ahead sexy, it is Scarlett) -- I need at least one Gentile on the list Devilish

Edited to add: Figured it out. I wasn't tremendously off. Geezer. Banana
Last edited by winetarelli