Reply to "October 2018 - What are you drinking?"

Last night with some friends & forumites:

2016 - San Silvestro Roero Arneis - great qpr Arneis

2002 Bollinger Grand Annee - wonderful

1996 Pio Cesare Barolo Ornato - drinking really well - at peak with a long way to go.  Half of the group picked this from the 90s flight

1997 Pio Cesare Barolo Ornato - better than I expected given the vintage.  a bit more mature than the 96 but beautiful.  Half picked this one from the 90s flight

1999 Domenico Clerico Barolo Pajana - Big fruit, big tannin, big oak.  Not my style by itself and seemed like it needs years to sort itself out. But, great when paired with Beet Ravioli in a rich butter based sauce. 

2001 Ceretto Barolo Bricco Rocche - Beautiful red fruit, earthy, elegant - my pick (blind) of the 01 flight.  This is the nicest Ceretto I've had - wonderful.  

2001 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric del Fiasc - Bigger and darker than the Rocche.  Needs time.  Softened and opened up with time in the glass.  Needs time (5 yrs imo)

2001 Paolo Scavino Barolo Rocche dell'Annunziata Riserva - Between the Rocche and Bric del Fiasc in weight and tone to start.  Beautiful on the palate.  Improved with time in the glass.  This has a long way to go. 

2006 Castello di Neive Passito Arneis - Amazing.  In the late harvest zone in terms of sweetness but superbly balanced and complex.  Excellent and has a long way to go.