Skip to main content

Reply to "NHL 2019-20"

I'm ignoring this post.

But seriously, I am cautiously optimistic about this season.  I believe the top two lines will score, but will there be any depth scoring from the 3rd or 4th lines?  The potential is there certainly for the third line. but only time will tell.

As Bill said, the defense is the key.  I think Lehner was a huge pick-up based on injury history with Crawford.  de Haan and Murphy are supposed to be the shutdown pair, but I don't think they've even played a game together yet.  If they work out, and that is a big but, that would allow Keith and Seabrook to be slotted properly in the 2nd and 3rd pairings. 

Finally, I'm hoping we see Kirby Dach get into a few games before they ultimately send him back to his Junior team.  I think the concussion in the prospects tournament made the decision easier as he wasn't able to get on the ice and possibly explode onto the scene.  Give him a few games, send him back to Juniors to grow, and then see what he can do next year after another year of experience.  Keeping his contract for an additional year is an added bonus.

I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Hawks get back into the playoffs this season.  It would help if they played in just about any other division, but there is just too many excellent pieces up front and in net to miss.  Of course, I say that every year...

Drop the puck.