Reply to "NHL 2018/19"

pinotlvr posted:

Lightning at 59 wins with 5 left!  If they win all 5, they tie the NHL points record of 132 and break the record for wins.  Win at least 3 of 5 to tie the wins record.

Also nice to see them come back against the Bruins last night, though will be more satisfying to send them packing in the playoffs.

Seems like a lock to win the Stanley Cup.  But, I remember when the Blackhawks won the Presidents' Trophy in 1991 and lost in the first round of the playoffs to the North Stars.  When they won the trophy again in 2013 (lockout shortened season), I was worried when the playoffs started.  The 1991 Red Wings hold the current point record since the trophy started to be handed out (1986), and won the trophy by 27 points, only to lose in the conference finals.  Only 8 trophy winners have actually gone on to win the Stanley Cup since 1986. 

The Lightning have had an amazing season and I wouldn't mind seeing them win the Cup, but I'd be somewhat nervous come playoff time if I was a Lightning fan.  Anything can happen...