Skip to main content

Reply to "NFL 2019"

Been an unusually chaotic week.  I usually write these on the train and have only been on the train once this week.  I got half the Raiders game, all the Saints, nothing in the afternoon, bits of the Cowboys and all the Niners.

We were very busy Sunday, I poured wine all afternoon, so not a bad thing.  We actually ran out of glasses.

This is the hardest part of the season to call for me if you break it down into quarters.  The first four games you're learning to separate hype from reality, or in the case of things like the Bears and Browns, see if you got it right or like the Chargers wrong.  The next 4 games are the easiest.  You know stuff then and generally everyone is playing with effort.

Now though games 9-12, anything can happen.  A so so team with a lot of motivation, facing a lot of teams with out motivation can fire off a string of wins, like the Browns did last year.  Go Dolphins.  You can also get a team that' s been dead all year wake up and realize the coach they love is going to get fired and they might end up with Pat Shurmer, or something.  Hello Falcons, where you been all year?

Teams don't take other teams serious and lay duds, and then some teams that you think have potential for a run start thinking more about their golf dates in January, like last years Panthers.  If you're a bettor, now is the time to keep your money in your pocket, save it for the playoffs.  Nothing will surprise me for the next few weeks.  Except maybe the Bengals winning.

I'll make an super early prediction here.  Check back in 5 years, but I think the Dolphins saved themselves a world of heartache with a couple wins.  I don't follow college ball that closely but the way the talent is lining up, and the hype and the likely draft order, I think you don't want those first two picks any more than you would have wanted them in 2015.

Last thing was that was a hell of a game as expected with the Niners.  I'll repeat myself though, it's not wide sprinter, wide jumper, wide route runner, it's wide FUCKING RECEIVER.  Why do teams keep drafting, and playing guys who can't catch a freaking football?