Skip to main content

Reply to "NFL 2019"

I was being a little bit of a smart ass.  When you hear people say the Bears, or Skins or Jets need to get sold, they're not getting sold no matter how poor the team performs.

In the last 5 years there have been two sales.  The Bills because the family could not cover the taxes, a factor that doesn't exist anymore, and the Panthers - see comment about dick out in office.

8 sold in the 12 years before that, but it's a much different league now than 2004 or 2012.  In reality if not for the dick thing, there has not been any sale in 5 years, which I bet is a record streak without doing the research.  I don't think that's a fluke, I think it's the new normal.  Yeah they'll get sold, but I'd bet it's one every 5-7 years for some reason tied to owner conduct, not 3-4 every 5 years like it was before 2012.  When they do get sold, they're going to get sold to people who will keep them right where they are and mind their instructions from the league office.

If the league was after owners who could revitalize a franchise and turn it into a winner, well Eddie D would have been invited back 10 years ago, and he's not being invited back ever.  That tells me revitalizing and turning around a franchise is not in the selection criteria for new owners.