Skip to main content

Reply to "NFL 2019"

Looks like my Eagles are exactly where I thought they'd be. Muddling through the season and needing to go 3-3 through a particularly brutal 6 game stretch. They are 2-2 through so far. The bye week comes at a perfect time as they need to get some guys healthy and desperately need some help at WR which they should be able to find over these two weeks. If they can take down NE or SEA at home they should be going to the post season party

On the Chargers I find it particularly funny to see LA Times readers citing the lack of LA support of the team. This is as much fake news as Fox puts out. The LA Times has always had it out for the Chargers particularly Bill Plaschke.

The reality is SD never truly supported this team either. I have been attending Charger home games since 1991 and was a season ticket holder at times. I never attended a single Chargers "Home" game where opposing fans didnt make up at least 1/3rd of the fans and often it was far worse at Jack Murphy/Qualcomm Stadium.

I remember going to an Eagles v SD game several years ago at QCOM and buying 50 yd line plaza tickets (best in the house) a few weeks before the game for about face value. In most cities those kinds of tickets would never get resold. Fans would go or have family or friends to give them to. It would be extremely rare that they would be available at any price.

SD is a city of transplants. While they had some very loyal and devoted fans they never had enough to come close to filling a stadium with them on a regular basis. As a season tix holder during some of the worst seasons I remember not being able to give away two great tickets for FREE. Literally no one wanted to go! In contrast as a former Eagles season tix holder I remember going to sold out games in sub freezing temperatures during lousy seasons.  Its literally unheard of in most NFL cities to have a significant visiting contingency (lets say 10 to 20% of seating capacity for arguments sake) except down in Miami and perhaps Phx which are also a cities of transplants.

While not a Rams or Raiders fan they suffered and still suffer similar fates. LA like SD is also a city of transplants. Every game Ive ever been there also have had a large visiting fan attendance. The sad truth is in the warm climate glamour cities NFL football simply doesnt occupy the same esteemed place as it does elsewhere.

Last edited by bomba503