Reply to "NFL 2019"

stefaniawine posted:

Some things I'll be watching through the first 4 weeks:

Will the Ravens get solid enough QB play to compliment their defense.? I think you can say the same about the Texans.

The Titans QB.  How long before that's a musical chairs?

How do the Browns start? They finally seem to recognize who not to hire as a coach, but all those late wins last year where against teams that had quit.

Speaking of quitting will the Falcons and Panther un-quit this year?

The Cowboys seem to understand where they are at with their salary cap situation, this has got to be the year they make a run.  They have a pretty easy schedule this year and if they don't start 3-0 something is really wrong.

Will the Chiefs play defense?  Will it matter?

I wish the Raiders and the Cardinals played this year.  The Shit Bowl.

Chargers.  That looks like the easiest schedule of the year for any good team.  13-3?

I think the 49ers will be much better.  The Saints will be all about staying healthy.  They have a tough schedule and no cap space to bring in help.  

Patio will be open all year for watching games.  First party is Sept 9th, I'm making Jambalaya.  Stop by if you're in town, and remember we don't know anything until after game 4.

Time to check in I guess.

Thursday night was my first "Why in the hell are you watching this crap game".  Watched the Niners and Saints on Sunday - Great defensive performances.  Late games I didn't really watch closely, too busy drinking beer and hanging out.

The Texans and Ravens have gotten good enough QB Play.

Titans = Week 6, I thought it would be sooner.

So far the best things about the Browns is they didn't keep WIlliams as coach or they might be 0-6 instead of 2-4.

Panthers no quit, Falcons quit.

Cowboys did go 3-0 but something is still really wrong.  Still they are in what could be the weakest division in the league and are a likely playoff team.

Chiefs - No defense, yes it mattered.

I missed how bad the Skins and Bengals would be, but really who though the Raiders would be 3-2?

Chargers - My worst swing and miss ever.  Looked like a rapper throwing out the first pitch.

Niners - Told you so, actually I thought top of the line for them was 10-6, which they still may land at.  Saints - Healthy hasn't even mattered.  Brees out, Kamara playing at 50% and they still won another game.

Tampa "depends on Winston making good decisions" and we do know how that turned out.

Bears still tracking at 8-8.  Only 2 easy games left on the schedule for them: NYG and LAC.  +6 in turnovers 1 DTD.

The patio will be closed this weekend.  I'll be at Coop's Place at Noon Central Time for a Bloody Mary and some Gumbo.  Watching the game across the street at 3 PM at B.B. King's.  We'll be on the second floor balcony if you find yourself in NOLA.  So far only Otisabdul has shown up from here to watch a game with me on the patio.  You guys are slackers .