Reply to "NFL 2019"

stefaniawine posted:
billhike posted:

This is the first time I’ve been excited about the Bears since before the Jay Cutler era.

Bears were +12 in turnovers last year with no recent history of being a plus team.

Bears lead the league in defensive touchdowns (6), a stat that is largely luck and not repeatable.

Bears go from playing a last place schedule to a first place schedule.

Those are three of the biggest predictors of poor performance relative to the previous season I've found.  That's a bad combo for the Bears.  It's almost exactly the same combo as the 2017/18 Jacksonville Jags. (10/7/worst to first schedule)  I predicted the Jags last year as no better than 8-8.  Finished 5-11. 

The Schedule thing is a killer.  Last year they had seven, 7, count them 7 games against out of division sad saps.  This year they've got 2.

If the Bears make the playoffs this year beer is on me for my net Chicago visit.  Confident I wouldn't be buying.

Hopefully that visit is soon!

Khalil Mack basically had no training camp last year - same with Roquan Smith. I can see six defensive TD's with this team easily, to be honest. 

Yeah, the schedule is a serious challenge. If Trubisky can progress and gain some consistency, I'm optimistic what he can do with some additional weapons they picked up. No blockbusters but nice pieces that can be rotated and kept fresh if they aren't selfish. 

Unfortunately, locally we are still talking way too much about f***ing kickers.