Reply to "NFL 2018"

irwin posted:

no love for the Ravens out here?

I thought of all the teams I watched the Saints play the Ravens easily had the best defense.  The Saints scored 24 points on them, but it was a brutal nasty 24 points.  I didn't see a better defensive team this year.  They're the only team going to the playoffs with a negative takeaway ratio.   That should scare a lot of teams.  It means if they win the takeaway battle, and they've only had 14 this year, you can't beat them.  Based on their ratio last year I would have predicted the Ravens to be 2 to 3 games worse than 2017 (they should have been 10-6 or 11-5 based on leading the league in 2017).  They're going to be no worse than 9-7 (same as last year) with a drop of 22 in takeaway ratio.  That's a really good football team. 

It also paints a really positive picture for next year, especially if they can get Flaco off the books.  He's 16 million in dead cap space, but he's the very definition of dead space.  I mean you don't go back to him at this point right?  Do you think if the Ravens win a playoff game or two Marty Mornhinweg can finally shake of the ghost of Matt Millen and Ty Detmer and get another shot at head coaching?