Reply to "NFL 2018"

patespo1 posted:

How about those Browns!  Nice to have an exciting team to root for again, their youthful roster leaves a lot of reason for hope.  I was completely wrong about Baker Mayfield, which is probably why I'm not in an NFL front office.

You can't ever judge a QB in year one, else Goff would have been out of the league after his first year and RG3 would be in the hall of fame.  It's how he adjusts after the other teams figure him out.  Getting rid of a coach with no history of success developing a QB should help.  The litmus test will be if the Browns even consider keep WIlliams as coach.  If they do, I'd expect a serious sophomore slump.  

The Browns picks this year were not horrible, it was the opportunity cost.  If Mayfield and Ward were their guys, neither is terrible, but they could have gotten them both with the #4 pick and something around #12-#18.  The sexiest trade would have been to the Jets, who showed they were willing to swap 1sts and 3 2nds to move up.  The Browns could have had both their guys and 3 additional second round picks.