Reply to "NFL 2018"

so.......The media spends all week beating the crap out of Beckham because he's right?  My opinion only but I really think we need to stop punishing people in this country for saying things that are truthful, and should be fairly obvious.  Calling out your boss for doing a poor job being one of those things.  Oh and I know, team loyalty and all that bull shit.  Ask Ereck Flowers if loyality is a two way street.  Why do we expect employees to be loyal to a company that won't return the favor?  What a stink hole in New York, and they're on prime time again this week.  It's like punishment for all of us.

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakla...ive-under-jon-gruden

Good read this morning with telling stats buried in there.  Summary - Carr does a poor job throwing down field and his receivers drop passes.  In truth I couldn't watch the entire Raiders game, it was too painful.    The thing is I don't think it's a huge thing to fix Carr.  He needs a more straight forward playbook than whatever Gruden has him doing.  He needs to focus on reading coverages and making adjustments at the line, not in the huddle.  He needs to spend some time watching film of Brees and Rogers, how they look off safeties and freeze corners.  Basically learn not to throw into double coverage and help out your receivers in getting separation.  That's it.  That's probably three more things than Gruden could remember though.

Compare that to Kyle Shanahan. Last year Beathard looked like a basket case.  A year of good coaching and he's not great, but what a huge difference.  Shanahan turned what could have been a blown 3rd round pick into at least a 2nd rounder and maybe even a late 1st rounder to some desperate stupid team out there.

Bears v Fins, Pats v Chiefs and Niners v Pack, three great games to watch.  Compared to any game a team from the AFC South is in, man what a bunch of sad ass teams.  One of them will get into the playoffs, and completely not deserve it.  

FInal thought, I can't believe Sean McDermott is still employed.   Last year vs the Saints his team gets slaughtered.  298 rushing yards allowed, and as I remember 24 consecutive rushing plays that resulted in three touchdowns.  His solution to this defensive disaster is to pull his QB.  The Saints pull all their defensive starters and drop into prevent defense to run out the clock.  Nathan Peterman, the back UP QB complete's 7 of 9 against the Saints backups  and scores a touchdown.  So the take away for McDermott is he's got a lot of work to do on defense, the run especially right?  No he makes Peterman the starter, of course you probably remember him setting an NFL record by throwing 5 interceptions in the first half the next week.

Chalk it up to a brain fart and move on, but no somehow not only does Peterman stay on the roster this year, he's actually a starter.  How as a franchise do you get in that position?  So the Texans stage an amazing comeback because they're facing the dumbest coach and the worst quarterback in the NFL.  The punch line is they still needed a miracle comeback.