Reply to "NBA/NFL lockouts"

The owners in the NBA are a bunch of liars- plain and simple. The day an owner sells his franchise for less than he paid for it, is the day I believe they are taking a loss. I love how they consider operating expenses as a loss. It is the same as a homeowner in the housing bubble saying that they are taking a loss on their home because of their mortgage payment... Despite the fact that appreciation on the home is vastly exceeding annual expenditures. Plus, the accounting figures are so skewed... They are basically writing off huge amounts as depreciation that are allowed under tax laws, but would not be considered a loss at all. The players made concessions in the last cba... Would like to see them stand tough in this fight, otherwise they will flat-out break the union come the next cba, as the players will not be able to wait-out a future prolonged lockout if all the concessions the owners are calling for come to fruition in this labor battle. We just put down our deposit for floor seats for the warriors for the upcoming season, so for my own selfish reasons, I would love to see a season played, as basketball is by fav our favorite sport, but if not, I will not fault the players at all. I pay my money to see the players. And like W+A says, even if the owners win, the fans are not going to come out on top in any way... This is all about putting more money in the pockets of the owners... I say eff them.