Reply to "NBA/NFL lockouts"

quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:

No. Hockey will never be more than a red headed step child sport south of the mimik curtain.

Not a judgement on hockey, just the facts. Whatever happens to basketball and football won't matter.

+1.

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:

These lockouts are meaningless to me unless it starts affecting the regular season

And +1.

Hopefully I'm not wrong, but I think the lockout issues in both sports will be resolved prior to effecting the regular seasons. The sports media continues to do what the media in general does best...completely blow the severity of the situation out of proportion. I mean we just started hearing about the potential NBA lockout within the last few days, and ESPN would already have you believe that doomsday is around the corner...the NBA season just ended for crying out loud - they have until November to take care of this. I'll admit that I'm a bit more worried about the NFL's current situation, but I still think it will hit a point where one or both sides will have to suck it up because they know everyone wants their American football back.