Reply to "MOVIES: What are you watching?"

"If people are watching films on a streaming service, they get what they get. If they're watching on Blu-ray or DVD or digital download on a current model 16:9 TV, they will likely be watching the films in their original aspect ratio "

I believe, without research, that most people are now getting their movies on various streaming services. Again besides the harm to the film, it's amusing about the money. What other product do you buy in which you get only 80% of what you paid for? What if your 750ml bottle gave you only 600ml?

"...the people who DON'T care will glaze over when you try to tell them about it..."

I've been telling people about this, originally in a retail setting, since 1982. (Though I was aware of pan and scan and other "transmission, editing for about a decade before.) I can't be sure about every interaction I had I never noticed any of them glazing over. The majority of them expressed surprise.

"Yelling at clouds on this forum might make you feel better, but it won't change anything."

I'm not yelling about anything, but am pointing out a fact. This began when I wanted to recommend a movie, but I'm warning people, if they choose the wrong viewing platform, they may be missing a fifth of the movie.  As me not changing anything, I have many people who now understand this film butchering and avoid watching films in the wrong aspect ratio. However it's clear there's no point debating this with you.

Last edited by The Old Man