Skip to main content

Reply to "MOVIES: What are you watching?"

quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Don't take this too personally, but if someone doesn't like dogs (in general), I wonder about them...
I’m kind of the same way as Adam10 (never thought I would say that!). It’s not that I don’t like dogs, I think puppy’s are cute and all that, but I just have never had any real feelings for dogs or any other pets like others do. My mom loves to tell this story. I was like 10 years old and my parents surprised me with a dog. They put me in the backyard with the dog and a ball and I threw the ball a few times and the dog chased after it. After about 5 mins of that I picked up my ball and start walking over to my neighbors house and my mom and dad yell “where are you going”? I turned and simply said “I’m going to play with Billy, when I throw the ball with him he can catch it and throw it back”. That pretty much sums how I have always felt about pets. Does that say something about me? I don’t know, but it is what it is. If our little girl wants a pet she will have to play with her grandparent’s dog!

I should add that it’s not like I don’t care about animals. For instance, I could never go hunting. You couldn’t pay me to shoot an animal and take its life. It would just crush me. The only way I could potentially do it is if I knew we were going to use all the meat and even then I’m not sure I could pull the trigger.