quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
I'm planning on placing my first Merry Edwards order soon. Aside from the '07 SB - which I already know I'm ordering - what are everyone else's favorites from here?

AZCAT,

I called them and get this, they want $52 to ship 3 bottles to AZ.. they can keep their high scoring SB for that shipping raping!

Wow...unreal. Wonder what a case would cost me? I'll let you know... I did see that they provide free ground shipping to many states with a two-case order, but I don't think I really need that much right now...

6 bottle limit for the SB so you'd have to order a lot of pinot to get to two cases.

No kidding. We should get an Arizona cartel together to order two cases and split them up.

AzCat,

So I just got a call back from AZWineco and they said they cannot fulfill my order as the person taking the order did not know that they can't sell it, blah blah blah.

I got the run around about how this wine they can't even sell as the winery has imposed this wine as having an on-site license? Whatever that means, they tell me that this means they only distribute to Restaurants in AZ

So if you find some let me know, I'm in as well!

I just ordered a mixed case including 6 of the SBs - I'd be happy to share. My cost with shipping was, IIRC, $37/bottle. A little steep I guess but well worth it if it's as good as everyone says. If you're interested let me know and I can bring it when we offline when WIML's in town in a few weeks (I should have it by then).

It also looks like I'll be in SoCal for a few days in March - I might have my brother order some more and I can pick it up when I'm there. A lot cheaper that way... I called a few places here and they didn't have any ME and didn't believe they'd be able to get it either, which seems to jive with what AZWineco told you.

Off topic but did you attend the Italian wine tasting at the airpark AZWineco this week? I wanted to go just for the Sassicaia but they were all booked by the time I called.