Originally posted by spo:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
quote:
Originally posted by Red guy in a blue state:
Well, at least the Pads won't go 0-162.

They may be like Cespades era A's this year. I liked Schimpf, Renfro and Hedges out of the gate last year. I think 2/3 of those guys homered in their first game. Dickerson and Jankowski stepped up a lot when some of the big name talent with mediocre performances left. Myers seemed to tank after all-stars but he was impressive up till then. Heard good things about Margot. I don't know about that Bethancourt thing but whatever. And they won their second game against the Dodgers. Not too shabby. Last year was an awful start. Did they even score a run the first 4-6 weeks? They woke up once they got to Colorado but they were pitiful in the beggining. I have a feeling this is the beginning of something great. Smile

Hmmm. I know it's early, but you might want to rethink that. Not looking so good after the first series.

I know there is 140+ games to go but I still feel optimistic. Not saying the World Series is in the bag or anything but I think this team will improve over the course of the season.

They've got some nice, young position players in the majors right now. I think their farm system is light in position players (to be expected when you've brought up so many good ones of late), but they have good pitching prospects in the minors. Don't know how far off they are, but like you said they're likely not going to WS this year so no reason to rush them. Definitely a team that will be very competitive in a couple of years.