Reply to "Louisville, KY in September"

Just a quick note on Jeff Ruby's.  It is a good to very good steak house.  It is not a great or perfect steak house in my opinion.  Really nice bar with excellent bourbon selection and prices.  Good, solid raw bar.  It fell a little short in two areas in my opinion.  First up every person at my table except my self ordered a dry aged steak (all are bone in) and I was the only one that ordered a wet aged steak (no bones) and my steak counter to intuition was easily the best steak on the table.  Moist, juicy, well seasoned, perfectly cooked to order, rock solid steak.  Every person at the table that got a dry aged steak had a "one minor complaint" that it lacked flavor.  I saw two out of four that ordered dry aged reach for the salt shaker.

The other thing is the pricing.  It is definitely up there.  We're talking CUT in Vegas kind of pricing.  Most the dry aged steaks were $70 plus or minus.  Kind of pricey to be reaching for a salt shaker while eating it.

Not dissing the place necessarily just go in with full knowledge it'll be expensive and may not roll your socks down then back up.