Skip to main content

Reply to "Lose any restaurants lately?"

[QUOTE}
Unbelievable! Is that anywhere near you, Irwin?[/QUOTE]

Near is a relative term. As the crow flies, I guess about 10 miles. It's closer to CometSpider, and Gentleman Farmer, I think.

That night we were in downtown at a restaurant. As I drove home I went through an intersection that was flooded...maybe 4 inches of water, and then, about 5 blocks later the road was closed. Baltimore is, of course, on the water, and the area I was in is a few inches above sea level. Rain flows down hill. So, I backtracked a few blocks and took a street that goes up a hill toward the center of the city, to get to higher ground, and did a bit of a detour to get home. Passed by another area that is really low (we were on an elevated highway) and saw all sorts of emergency equipment.
My first date with my wife was at a restaurant in Ellicott City in the area where the flood was. It was the predecessor of Tersiguels. That was 1982.
What was an odd coincidence is that while we were eating dinner our friends asked where we go for French food, and Tersiguel's came up in conversation. This was right around the time the flooding hit in Ellicott City.
Our basement got an inch or so of water, but the wine racks are elevated.