Reply to "Looking For A WINE"

As an occasional visitor to Cleveland, and having grown up there, I have tried the Matthew Fox Cab, and found it to taste more like grape juice than a good wine. I'm not saying it's bad, and it's definitely better than some $10 wines I've purchased, but for $3.29, it's worth it.

But I have made a very interesting observation that tends to make me think why this juice is so cheap. Most wines of any reputation will specify their alcohol content, usuaully 12 to 15%. There is no mention of this on the bottle. In fact, it seems to be amiss of alcolhol of any substance. I suspect that the alcohol content is somewhere around 5 to 7% and hence they are not required to put it on the label.

If you've ever been to New York and gone to a cheap deli to get wine, all they have is $8 juice that is diluted and awful. I suspect that Matthew Fox, although it tastes better, falls into this same category.

All I can say is that living in Texas, I will stick with Cameron Hughs wines from Costco and by mail order, and when I return to CLeveland to visit family, I'll try some of the other Matthew Fox wines. They're Ok and for the price, you can't beat them.