Reply to "leting the wine breathe?"

quote:
Originally posted by Juan C. Calabria G.:
thanks for the welcome, i realy love the webpage i learn a lot in only one week and the forums are great, i can´t wait to get my first wine spectator magazine.

g-man, the speeches of Chavéz are passionate and speak of dreams but are mindless, there are things that should be but for the moments it can´t be, politics are hard i never take that job.

Juan,

You’re absolutely right about his speeches. I heard him speak on “CSPAN” cable television -- at the United Nations. If one does not have one’s critical thinking cap on, he can rapture one with his impassioned and eloquent rhetoric. I was sharing with my lady (wife) about the persuasive nature of his discourse. Of course, from Spanish to English, the force of his delivery is lost in translation. Nonetheless, I’ve gathered from your “speak of dreams but are mindless” comment that his views have not prevailed upon you.

On topic though, I’ve only decanted one wine thus far. I need to experiment more often though, in order to discern the difference between decanting and not decanting. One more thing: My brother just visited Argentina; he brought me a wine (Finca EL PORTILLO Tempranillo 2005) from Mendoza. Right now I am holding on to it, I understand, in general, that Tempranillo has flavors of cherries and even takes on earthy sweet vanillin notes. If you have tasted a Tempranillo from that area, I would appreciate your thoughts.