Skip to main content

Reply to "LCBO Price Alert"

quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Beta P:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Wah, wah, wah, you GTA guys have no idea how good you have it! We never see a single bottle marked down here, aside from the system-wide sales.

When I lived in Oakville the store at Appleby and New in Burlington regularly marked much good stuff and the Laird store is heaven - I always try to stop by when in Toronto. Crossroads has disappointed more often than not but got some 2010 Diamond Creek Red Rock Terrace there once for a very sweet price.

I live not far from Appleby and New. Those days are gone. Store managers now seem adverse to such sales. Most markdowns now are the system wide mini-discounts, and other markdowns are on stuff they can't sell(with good reason).

Bottles were reduced due to the good graces of the PCs there, I think. One was Celeste Texeira, who moved to a different store in Burlington a couple of years ago, and the name of the other PC escapes me but he was also happy to cut prices on bottles that had been on the shelves for months. Both very nice people who enjoyed chatting about wine with their fellow travelers. Got some Clarendon Hills grenaches there for 30% off, which made me very happy!

There other is Terry, and I know them both. Each has confirmed that there are more restrictions than there were a couple of years ago. You still see the odd deal but not as many as back then.