Skip to main content

Reply to "LCBO Price Alert"

quote:
Originally posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Riddler:
The store at Robertson (or Richmond) and Kirkwood in Ottawa had a pile of the more expensive Cali stuff on 20% off yesterday. Not my cup o tea, so I didn't note which ones, but there were at least 8 different $50+ bottles on sale. Just sayin'...

I check out that store regularly, as they often put stuff on 20% sale. Usually Cali Cabs, but sometimes Bordeaux or CdP.

I was there about a week ago and recall seeing the 2012 Rutherford Ranch Reserve CS and the 2009 Krupp Brothers Veraison Red at 20% off. I'm not familiar with either, so didn't buy.

There are also a handful of expensive California Reds on sale at the Bank & Walkley store.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I ventured west of Bronson (something I rarely do) to pick up the remaining bottles of the Adaptation cab, which is one of my favourites even at full price! Got a Paul Hobbs chardonnay as well, which we had last night but was not good QPR, IMHO, even at the lower price.

Just got back from the Bank and Walkley store where there are perhaps 30 or so bottles marked down from all regions, including some pricey Bordeaux and 2007 ports. Of course, the markdowns on the latter makes them merely over-priced, rather than grossly so!
Last edited by bman