Reply to "LCBO Price Alert"

quote:
Originally posted by FunkySeeFunkyDoo:
quote:
Originally posted by Riddler:
The store at Robertson (or Richmond) and Kirkwood in Ottawa had a pile of the more expensive Cali stuff on 20% off yesterday. Not my cup o tea, so I didn't note which ones, but there were at least 8 different $50+ bottles on sale. Just sayin'...

I check out that store regularly, as they often put stuff on 20% sale. Usually Cali Cabs, but sometimes Bordeaux or CdP.

I was there about a week ago and recall seeing the 2012 Rutherford Ranch Reserve CS and the 2009 Krupp Brothers Veraison Red at 20% off. I'm not familiar with either, so didn't buy.

There are also a handful of expensive California Reds on sale at the Bank & Walkley store.

The Krupp is down 20% province wide.Good wine but not great value, unless taken in the context of the drop in the Canadian $ since it was listed. Re the others, the LCBO has a load of 2011s that haven't been moving, so the markdowns aren't surprising. The vintage produced what was likely the lowest quality generally for California Cabs in the past decade (or more).