Reply to "LCBO Price Alert"

quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Here's the challenge: I ordered via Vintages Direct at full price. They've since dropped the price and have sold out. It's still listed on the website, though. at the sale price.

Once my order arrives at my local store, could I go the store and pick it up, immediately return it for a refund, and then buy back the same bottles at the reduced price? I think I'd need to find a sympathetic manager, but logistically I don't see why this wouldn't work.

EDIT: Just after I posted this, I got the call that my Gatinois Grand Cru has arrived. I'll pick it up after work and see if I can swing the discounted price.

UPDATE: No problem getting the lower price. When I picked it up on Tuesday, the manager wasn't in. I went back to the store today and the manager rang through the refund at full price, which put the 2 bottles back into their inventory. He was then able to sell them to me again at the discounted price. He did it all in a single transaction, which netted in a $30+ credit to my VISA. I didn't even have the bottles with me. Just my receipt.

So for future reference, if it's within the 30 day window, the process is very simple. Get the store to refund it at full price and then sell it to you again at the discounted price.