Reply to "Kuleto's in SF"

quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by JMatthews:
Well my gf's got the flu, so all this has been postponed. Might do Perbacco's or Scala's instead now.

Thanks anyways for the help guys.

Sorry to hear about your gf's flu.

As between Perbacco and Scala's... I would go to Perbacco under most conditions...

Perbacco has better food; especially insofar as if you are an accomplished home cook, you can duplicate a lot of the things Scala's does, but not Perbacco (unless you are planning on making your own dried, uncured, sausages, and even then...) Perbacco's food is also reasonably authentic, whereas Scala's makes no bones about the fact that their food comes from the CA and Provence regions of Northern Italy. That said, Perbacco is a little business-y whereas Scala's is decidedly not. Perbacco is 90+% local whereas Scala's is about 50/50 local/tourists. The service and decor at Perbacco area little more formal than at Scala's though I would not call either formal at all. There is something a bit romantic about the overstuffed booths at Scala's and if yo go during a week day, they may let you reserve one, even though they can very comfortably seat 4. So, if great food is what you are after, I' say go to Perbacco, for total experience, depending upon what you are looking for, it becomes less clear.

Hmmm. Well, I'm gonna have to try both, question is which one first. Perbacco does look a little business oriented based on their website (which I got to work using IE instead of Firefox), BUT their food sounds incredible.

That roasted octopus... might be reason alone to check it out. Jesus I'm hungry. Thanks again for the help, I'll report back on food/service quality when we actually go.